Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Easier way to do Overloads

Currently we can only get Overloads by making them through Herblore. I do not have an issue with this.
But what I do have an issue with is potentially getting carpel tunnel. Right now I'm grinding my way through Herblore to unlock Overloads.
If you haven't done herblore yet, a step that you're required to do is to obtain herbs and clean them.
Cleaning herbs can be an absolute chore and make you regret even trying to unlock Overloads.

A great way to fix this is to of course add in an NPC to trade you grimy herbs for clean ones (preferably noted).
But why stop there? An NPC could be introduced to help expedite making Overloads but at a cost.
We get 1.2b from voting every day which leads to massive inflation of gold.
Of course we can throw our gold to other things like instances etc. but I'd like to suggest another gold sink.

Imagine having an NPC that swaps your Super Sets/Extreme Sets for Extreme Sets/Overloads at a price.
Prices are of course up to the Developers but I suggest 5m per Super Set and 10m per Extreme Set.
We could also include an option to pay more for a small exp gain off doing this but make it far less effective than making them by hand.*

Also make the herbs/secondaries cost a reasonable amount within the store.

Pros:
Devs can come up with another donation benefit/perk for a discounted price.
I don't have to spend a bunch of time making Overloads.

Cons:
You don't gain any exp while doing this.* That's if a part of my suggestion doesn't go through.

Edit: I just learned that the "Make all" option doesn't work when making Extreme Ranging potions. Please.... no....

Edited by Justin

16 minutes ago, Justin said:

Currently we can only get Overloads by making them through Herblore. I do not have an issue with this.
But what I do have an issue with is potentially getting carpel tunnel. Right now I'm grinding my way through Herblore to unlock Overloads.
If you haven't done herblore yet, a step that you're required to do is to obtain herbs and clean them.
Cleaning herbs can be an absolute chore and make you regret even trying to unlock Overloads.

A great way to fix this is to of course add in an NPC to trade you grimy herbs for clean ones (preferably noted).
But why stop there? An NPC could be introduced to help expedite making Overloads but at a cost.
We get 1.2b from voting every day which leads to massive inflation of gold.
Of course we can throw our gold to other things like instances etc. but I'd like to suggest another gold sink.

Imagine having an NPC that swaps your Super Sets/Extreme Sets for Extreme Sets/Overloads at a price.
Prices are of course up to the Developers but I suggest 5m per Super Set and 10m per Extreme Set.
We could also include an option to pay more for a small exp gain off doing this but make it far less effective than making them by hand.*

Also make the herbs/secondaries cost a reasonable amount within the store.

Pros:
Devs can come up with another donation benefit/perk for a discounted price.
I don't have to spend a bunch of time making Overloads.

Cons:
You don't gain any exp while doing this.* That's if a part of my suggestion doesn't go through.

Edit: I just learned that the "Make all" option doesn't work when making Extreme Ranging potions. Please.... no....

i would even suggest adding clean herbs in the shop would make this simpler. most exp gained is through potions anyways. if someone chooses to clean herbs there are plenty of npc's who drop them, or even farming.

On 1/22/2020 at 11:27 PM, Fear De Taco said:

i would even suggest adding clean herbs in the shop would make this simpler. most exp gained is through potions anyways. if someone chooses to clean herbs there are plenty of npc's who drop them, or even farming.

I'd be okay with clean herbs in shops. I'd really like to see something done to deal with the incredibly annoying part of doing herblore (cleaning herbs). Not all of us would want to just buy clean herbs and skip out on getting some farming exp.

I don't mean to throw hands or anything, but i think that making Overload's is pretty easy actually. 

I think it's also worth noting that you CAN use an autoclicker, so long as you're watching that auto clicker, and are able to respond to staff.  This can DRAMATICALLY speed up the process of cleaning herbs, as well as many other aspects of the game. 

Another solution (and this one is pretty exclusive) is to use a device with a touch screen.  Some tablets can run java, and .jar files, allowing you to utilize the use of a touch screen while cleaning herbs. 

My laptop is a touch screen device, and if i cleaned all the herbs in one inventory, (with the touch screen) while also utilizing an autoclicker (Again, you CANNOT afk auto click, but if you're watching it and can respond to staff you are NOT breaking rules.) it takes less than 2 seconds to clean a full inventory of herbs.  That's NOT exaggerating by any means whatsoever. 

Spoiler

Rule #1: Third-party Software/Macros
Usage of Third-party software in order to obtain an unfair advantage will get you punished. For example; using an auto-clicker to AFK skill. You are however allowed to auto-click whilst actively watching your screen (being able to answer a staff member). 

[First offence will result in a jail]

On 1/28/2020 at 7:32 PM, Tavriahll said:

I don't mean to throw hands or anything, but i think that making Overload's is pretty easy actually. 

I think it's also worth noting that you CAN use an autoclicker, so long as you're watching that auto clicker, and are able to respond to staff.  This can DRAMATICALLY speed up the process of cleaning herbs, as well as many other aspects of the game. 

Another solution (and this one is pretty exclusive) is to use a device with a touch screen.  Some tablets can run java, and .jar files, allowing you to utilize the use of a touch screen while cleaning herbs. 

My laptop is a touch screen device, and if i cleaned all the herbs in one inventory, (with the touch screen) while also utilizing an autoclicker (Again, you CANNOT afk auto click, but if you're watching it and can respond to staff you are NOT breaking rules.) it takes less than 2 seconds to clean a full inventory of herbs.  That's NOT exaggerating by any means whatsoever. 

Reveal hidden contents

Rule #1: Third-party Software/Macros
Usage of Third-party software in order to obtain an unfair advantage will get you punished. For example; using an auto-clicker to AFK skill. You are however allowed to auto-click whilst actively watching your screen (being able to answer a staff member). 

[First offence will result in a jail]

While we can use a Autoclicker we'd have to have one that moves through the 28 spaces in the inventory. If you could easily clean herbs by spam clicking the last one in your inventory I'd do it but you're not able to.

20 hours ago, Justin said:

While we can use a Autoclicker we'd have to have one that moves through the 28 spaces in the inventory. If you could easily clean herbs by spam clicking the last one in your inventory I'd do it but you're not able to.

I'm not sure i follow exactly what you're saying?  The program(s) I'm talking about are the ones that record your mouse movement, clicks and your keyboard.  You could easily find one of these for free or for very very cheap on a popular search engine. 

I can't recommend you one, as it would be a third party company that has that available, but i can say that finding one that can do the full inventory is NOT hard, i promise. 

4 hours ago, Tavriahll said:

I'm not sure i follow exactly what you're saying?  The program(s) I'm talking about are the ones that record your mouse movement, clicks and your keyboard.  You could easily find one of these for free or for very very cheap on a popular search engine. 

I can't recommend you one, as it would be a third party company that has that available, but i can say that finding one that can do the full inventory is NOT hard, i promise. 

To be honest I haven't used a 3rd party auto clicker in years. If I want to use a auto clicker I use Razer Synapse. I still would like to see some improvements on herblore. Telling new players "go download this program" doesn't sit right with me as a solution should it be the answer Staff give.

Edited by Justin

23 hours ago, Justin said:

To be honest I haven't used a 3rd party auto clicker in years. If I want to use a auto clicker I use Razer Synapse. I still would like to see some improvements on herblore. Telling new players "go download this program" doesn't sit right with me as a solution should it be the answer Staff give.

That's not the solution the staff has given you.  That is a recommendation made by a single staff member to help make it easier.  We don't simply tell new players to download a third party software for achieving their goals faster, that is simply something I DID.  To make it easier.  I also recommended finding a device with a touch screen.  I understand that would be a very limited option, but it's not impossible. 

Our goal is to make Overloads more difficult to obtain, which is why we've added making them through Herblore.  We don't want every single player to have thousands of them, because there may be future content released that ties Overloads to it. 

We don't want every aspect of the game to be incredibly easy.  You have to clean 40 herbs to make 10 overloads, which in my opinion is very easy as it is. 

I've simply suggested what i believe is indeed the most viable solution to the matter.  As i don't believe Herblore needs to be reworked.  Atleast overloads don't, in my opinion. 

I've no say in what does or does not get to be added to the game, or changed and i do not appreciate the generalization of myself, and my teammates as barely helpful in regards to this matter.  I believe I've attempted to help in the most useful and viable way i possibly can within the power that i currently have.  Other staff may have other solutions for you, other players may have that as well.  Alternatively you can purchase them from other players. 

I would however like to add that regardless of what I've said above, I love that we're seeing some input and suggestions from the community regarding some things you'd like to see differently.  Just because i disagree, does not mean my peers do. 

Edited by Tavriahll

Will look into this. 

• Like 1